£15 tickets to 'Titanic' at Southwark Playhouse
Sorry you missed this offer...
- The show that won five Tony Awards - including Best Musical, Best Score and Best Book - has arrived finally crossed the North Atlantic Ocean.
- Using real people as a basis, 'Titanic' explores the hopes and dreams of a host of different characters.
- See why we gave it four stars and called it 'a night to remember' for only £15.
More details:From Time Out's four star review: 'This intimate revival of Maury Yeston’s 1997 musical about maritime history’s most obsessed-upon health and safety failure essentially repeats the trick. It dispenses with the spectacle that defined the show’s notoriously expensive Broadway run, instead relying upon intimacy, energy and a polished cast of unknowns for its special effects.
That’s enough to force a success out of the first half: Yeston’s literate lyrics are beautifully crafted, and having the cast of 20 belt them out a couple of metres away from your face is irresistibly spine-tingling...
'The more characters we’re introduced to in the first half, the more get to die nobly in the barnstorming tear-jerker of a second. With the vessel finally sinking, the production gains a sense of purpose, Yeston’s sophisticated wordplay coming into its own as class tensions erupt in the scrabble for lifeboats, and the triumvirate of ship Captain Smith (Philip Rham), shipbuilder Thomas Andrews (Greg Castiglioni) and owner J Bruce Ismay (Simon Green) emerge as the show’s tragic anti-heroes, spurred on to disaster by ruinous pride.'
Need to know:
- Voucher valid for one ticket to 'Titanic' at the Southwark Playhouse on selected dates from August 6 - August 17 2013.
- Please select you preferred date at checkout.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival in exchange for your ticket.
- Seats are allocated by the theatre box office and not by Time Out.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Customers booking multiple vouchers will be sat together where possible.