45% off the English National Opera's 'The Perfect American'
Sorry you missed this offer...
- 'The Perfect American' imagines the final months of Walt Disney's life, including mythical imaginings of Abraham Lincoln and Andy Warhol.
- Phelim McDermott returns as director after his spectacular production of Satyagraha for ENO and the Metropolitan Opera, New York, described as ‘transfixing musically and visually’ by The Guardian.
- Upper circle tickets are now £22 and stalls tickets are now £41.25.
More details:Based on Peter Stephan Jungk’s novel and composed by Philip Glass, ‘The Perfect American’ imagines the final months of Walt Disney's life – complete with appearances from Abraham Lincoln and Andy Warhol. This is Glass’s 24th opera, commissioned to mark his 75th birthday, and confirms his status as one of the world’s most important composers.
Baritone Christopher Purves is Walt Disney, following on from his exceptional performance as Mephistopheles in 2011’s ‘Damnation of Faust’. He is joined by soprano Janis Kelly – his nurse and confidante. This production is presented in collaboration with Improbable.
Need to know:
- Voucher valid for one ticket to 'The Perfect American' on selected dates from June 17 - 28, 2013.
- Upper circle tickets are £22 (usually £40) and Stalls tickets are £41.25 (usually £75).
- Please select your preferred option on checkout.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office in exchange for your ticket.
- Tickets are available for collection an hour before the show starts and are allocated by the theatre box office and not Time Out.
- Cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.