£19.50 tickets to 'The Lyons' at the Menier Chocolate Factory starring Tom Ellis
Sorry you missed this offer...
- See the European premiere of Nicky Silver's Boradway success, 'The Lyons', as it makes its debut at the Menier Chocolate Factory this month.
- Everyone hates crazy family members... unless they're somebody else's. So pull up a chair and watch this fractured family bicker, snipe and betray each other around their dying father's hospital bed.
- Starring 'Miranda's, Tom Ellis, along with Ben Aldridge, Isla Blair, Nicholas Day, Charlotte Randle and Katy Secombe, this hit comedy is guaranteed to tickle your funny bone.
Gathering around your father while he's dying should be a sombre event filled with compassion, fraught restraint and good feelings. Not for the Lyons it's not. Dad, Ben, is suffering from cancer and isn't letting a little thing like impending death stop him from saying what’s on his mind. Meanwhile his wife, Rita, who has been trapped in a loveless marriage for 40 years, plans her life without him around. Curtis, his son, is homosexual and has little to do with his father due to Ben’s homophobia while Lisa, Ben’s daughter, is a recovering alcoholic with two children who has left an abusive marriage. This exploration of a fractured family is at once savagely funny and heart-breaking.
‘The Lyons’ was a hit on Broadway receiving nominations for the Tony, Drama League, Outer Critics Circle and Drama Desk Awards. It also received critical acclaim from theatremania.com who stated ‘The play has audiences howling during its first act and... may even provoke a tear or two from theatregoers before the curtain falls.’ With The New York Times saying ‘Oh, they’re just awful people, those Lyons. They’re whiny, denigrating, vicious, self-centred, recriminatory... And they’re a family that you will really, really want to spend time with.’ Original Broadway director, Mark Brokaw, is taking the director’s chair in London so with praise like that and ticket prices this low, you’re guaranteed a great night at the theatre.
Need to know:
- This voucher is valid for one ticket to 'The Lyons' at the Menier Chocolate Factory from September 19 - October 6 2013.
- Please select your preferred option at check out.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival.
- Customers purchasing multiple tickets will sat together. Tickets will be allocated in your selected seating area by the theatre box office and not by Time Out.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.