50% off tickets to '#aiww: The Arrest of Ai Weiwei' at Hampstead Theatre
Sorry you missed this offer...
- Save 50% on top price tickets to the play awarded four stars by Time Out, '#aiww: The Arrest of Ai Weiwei'.
- Depicting Ai Weiwei's experience while being detained by Chinese authorities for 81 days that The Telegraph called 'An important play... moving, scary, gripping, inventive and at times laugh-out-loud funny.' in its four star review.
- Don't miss Howard Brenton’s surreal, hilarious, and terrifying new play at Hampstead Theatre now.
From Time Out's four star review: 'The form is kind of polished agit prop meets Kafka-esque black comedy, as the excellent Benedict Wong – in a startlingly chameleonic physical transformation, piling on years, pounds and ‘that’ beard – plays Ai during his 81-day arrest of 2011. There’s plenty of fourth wall breaking and exposition on the Chinese government’s contempt for individual freedoms.
... The play is based upon Ai’s own account of his detention as relayed to author Barnaby Martin in a surreptitious interview conducted after his release, and it’s the sense of playful verity and the artist’s own wry eye for the quirks of his incarceration that make Brenton’s play a genuinely enjoyable watch.'
Need to know:
- Voucher valid for one ticket to '#aiww: The Arrest of Ai Weiwei' on selected performances from May 7 - 17.
- Please select your preferred option on checkout.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival.
- Cannot be cancelled, exchanged or refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.