£12.50 tickets to ‘Taboo’, the Boy George musical, at the Brixton Clubhouse
Sorry you missed this offer...
- Save 50% on tickets to the hugely acclaimed ‘Taboo’, awarded four stars by Time Out.
- Featuring original songs by Boy George, this ‘80s nostalgia-fest tells the story of London’s New Romantics, including that of the artist himself.
- ‘This is essentially a bonkers fashion show and it's the colour, costumes (give designer Mike Nicholls an award) and chorus that stand out,’ raves Time Out’s critic.
From Time Out’s four-star review: ‘This revival of Boy George's 2002 effort, 'Taboo', has characters as colourful as a Gay Pride rainbow, glorious original songs and costumes that make Lady Gaga look prudish.
‘Christopher Renshaw's wonderfully shameless production is staged in the Brixton Clubhouse, a suitably sweaty, site-specific location for a musical set in the titular nightclub at the height of the '80s new romantic scene. The stage is a glorified catwalk that winds through the audience, the performers' garish makeup practically dripping into our laps…
‘This is essentially a bonkers fashion show and it's the colour, costumes (give designer Mike Nicholls an award) and chorus that stand out. Boy George's original songs are gutsy and soulful, particularly the edgy ensemble numbers such as 'Petrified' and 'Touched by the Hand of Cool'.
Need to know:
- This voucher is valid for one ticket to 'Taboo' at the Brixton Clubhouse on selected dates until March 31 2013.
- Please select your preferred date at the checkout, then print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival.
- Customers purchasing multiple tickets will be sat together.
- Voucher cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.