£5 season-opening organ recital at St Paul's Cathedral on May 3
Sorry you missed this offer...
- The first in a series of summer recitals, the season opener features internationally renowned French organist Sophie-Véronique Cauchefer-Choplin, who will be playing St Paul’s 140-stop organ, one of the finest musical instruments in the world.
- St Paul’s mobile organ console will be positioned under the dome, allowing audience members a rare close-up glimpse of the instrument in use.
- Unwind after work to the majestic music as it fills one of the capital’s best-loved landmarks. Works by Duruflé, Franck, Gigout and others will be performed.
Whether you want to listen to some of the best classical and improvised organ music, or simply want to experience a performance under the historic dome of St Paul’s Cathedral, snap up today’s Time Out Offer and attend the first in a series of celebrity organ recitals.
Sophie-Véronique Cauchefer-Choplin — Titular Assistant of the Grand Orgue of St Sulpice in Paris; Titular of the Grand Orgue of St Jean-Baptiste de la Salle in Paris; and Organ Professor at the Royal College of Music in London — has drawn on her vast experience to produce a varied and exciting program. Experience a rare close-up view of the intricacies and skills required to master the instrument during this one-hour performance.
The following works will be performed: 'Prélude from Suite (Op.5)' - Maurice Duruflé (1902-1986); 'Fantaisie in A major' - César Franck (1822-1890); 'Toccata in B minor' - Eugène Gigout (1844-1925); 'Rédemption (Interlude Symphonique)' - César Franck (1822-1890); 'Preces' - Jean-Jacques Grunenwald (1911-1982); 'Suite Gothique' - Léon Boëllmann (1862-1897).
Need to know:
- This voucher is for one admission to the May 3, 2012 organ recital only.
- Doors open at 6pm, show at 6.30pm. Entrance via the northwest doors (wheelchair-accessible entrance is located in the south churchyard).
- Please present your printed voucher at the entrance on arrival (required for entry).
- Vouchers cannot be cancelled, exchanged or extended.
- All seating is unreserved.
- Photography is not permitted inside the cathedral.
- The recital lasts approximately one hour.