£10 tickets to 'Pastoral' or 'Address Unknown' at Soho Theatre
Sorry you missed this offer...
- Imagine London overrun with the cast of Farthing Wood, where rabbits populate Aldi's yoghurt aisle at Soho Theatre’s ‘Pastoral’.
- Prefer censored theatre? ‘Address Unknown’ was banned in 30s Germany for exposing the threat of Nazism, and became an international literary sensation.
- See one or two pieces of intriguing theatre at Soho’s hippest theatre for a tiny price.
What Time Out says: ‘The green belt is tightening round London like a noose in Thomas Eccleshare’s intriguing debut play. It’s ‘Day of the Triffids’ in a council flat, as the forces of nature have run rampant through the capital, with greenery sprouting through the pavement and the cast of Farthing Wood skittering through the undergrowth.
‘At its heart ‘Pastoral’ is a good old-fashioned survival drama, with an oddball cast of characters starving and bitching in a claustrophobic hidey-hole, with plenty of gazing out of the window and wistful reporting on the growing state of emergency. Eccleshare’s conceit is ingenious, and gives plenty of scope for his wicked and slightly surreal humour.
‘Anna Calder-Marshall’s performance as the flat’s elderly tenant Moll is rib-crackingly good, and she provides an anchor of gentle pathos as the action creeps gradually into absurd farce.’
'Pastoral' is a co-production with High Tide Festival Theatre.
Written as an anti-fascist call to arms, ‘Address Unknown’ is a timely warning of how humanity can fail in the face of extreme ideology. Against a backdrop of austerity, recession and rising nationalism, two friends in the 1930s are torn apart; the Nazi regime infiltrating their friendship and families to devastating effect. Expect an entertaining, exciting and shocking hour of theatre about loyalty and betrayal. This production is presented in partnership with JW3 and the Jewish Community Centre London.
Need to know:
- Voucher valid for one ticket to 'Pastoral' or 'Address Unknown' at Soho Theatre on selected dates for Pastoral from May 30- June 8 and Address Unknown from June 13 - July 27 (please proceed to checkout for performance times).
- Multiples may be purchased. Customers purchasing multiple tickets will be sat together at the theatre.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival in exchange for a ticket.
- Cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Discount based on largest possible saving. Original price varies depending on performance and time chosen. Please see the Soho Theatre website for more details.