42% off tickets to foreign language productions of 'As You Like It' and 'Venus and Adonis' at Shakespeare's Globe
Sorry you missed this offer...
- All the world is a stage but with tickets down to £18.50 the only theatre you need is Shakespeare’s Globe.
- Love is in the air for 'Venus and Adonis' in this production of passion by the Isango Ensemble that Time Out named ‘The Crown of the World Shakespeare Festival’ 2012.
- 'As You Like It' gets five stars from the Guardian and suggests a bloke really should listen to his friends, the female ones dressed as men that is.
Shakespeare’s Globe 2013 ‘Season of Plenty’ reunites London Town with Georgia’s Marjanishvili production of 'As You Like It', performed in Georgian and with scene synopses in English. This comedy is one of William’s most popular, and overflows with feelings of confused love: Rosalind dresses as a man and becomes her lover Orlando’s best friend.
‘If all the theatre in Georgia comes anywhere close to this standard, then the job of theatre critic there must be the most covetable in the land,’ says The Guardian.
Cape Town’s award-winning Isango Ensemble performs ‘Venus and Adonis’ in IsiZulu, IsiXhosa, SeSotho, Setswana, Afrikaans and South African English. 'No translation is required,' says the Evening Standard in it’s four star review. Quite right when it comes to the language of love.
‘The Isangos have wowed London audiences previously with their joyous productions,' says the Evening Standard, who called this production a 'rhythmic, energetic take on this ballad of sexual longing’.
Need to know:
- Valid for one ticket to 'As You Like It' or 'Venus and Adonis' at Shakespeare's globe on selected dates April 27 - May 10, 2013.
- Please select your preferred date on checkout.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Customers purchasing multiple tickets will be sat together at the theatre.