30% off tickets to 'Scenes from an Execution' at National Theatre
- Usually £47
- Saving 30%
Sorry you missed this offer...
- See the Time Out four star rated ‘Scenes from an Execution’ at National Theatre starring Fiona Shaw (‘Harry Potter’, ‘True Blood’).
- Tom Cairn directs the darkly humorous play by influential cult writer Howard Barker of a free spirited artist who alienates herself from the authorities and faces incarceration.
- Provoking, funny and sympathetic – don’t miss your chance to see this brilliant production at a great price.
Fiona Shaw takes the role of artist Galactia in Howard Barker’s darkly humorous, provocative play. Commissioned to paint a vast canvas celebrating a naval victory, Galactia creates instead a breathtaking scene of war-torn carnage. In her fierce determination to stay true to herself, she alienates the authorities and faces incarceration.
Scenes from an Execution is a fearless exploration of sexual politics and the timeless tension between personal ambition and moral responsibility, between the patron’s demands and the artist’s autonomy.
From Time Out’s four star review ‘...[Fiona] Shaw is wonderful as a free spirit beginning to fray at the edges. Superficially she is having a whale of a time winding up Venice’s pompous elite.
...[Scenes from an Execution] is a rousing defence of the role of the outsider artist in society, a plea for the right to be able to create art that disturbs.'
Need to know:
- Voucher valid for one ticket to 'Scenes from an Execution' at National Theatre on selected dates between November 24 - December 7.
- Please select your preferred date on checkout.
- Original price based on largest possible saving. Ticket allocations work on a first come, first served basis and are up to the value of £47.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival in exchange for your ticket.
- Tickets become available at the box office an hour before the production starts.
- Customers purchasing multiple tickets will be sat together at the theatre.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.