£5 Standing tickets to 'Made at Sadler's Wells' or 'Rosas & Ictus: Drumming' at Sadler's Sampled Festival
Sorry you missed this offer...
- Free your mind and the dance will follow at Sadler's Sampled - London's new two-week summer festival offering you a taster menu of dance, presented by Sadler's Wells.
- Want to experience a verifiable smorgasbord of dance? Then 'Made at Sadler's Wells' is for you. With a performance of Russell Maliphant's 'Afterlight (Part One)', Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui’s 'Faun' and Wayne McGregor's 'UNDANCE', it's a must see.
- Dance to the beat of your own drum? Then choose 'Rosas & Ictus: Drumming' - a thrilling mix of contemporary dance, music and the unexpected.
- With standing tickets for just £5, you can see both for the same price as a cinema ticket. Bargain!
'Made at Sadler’s Wells' - Sat 22 & Sun 23 June
The first show of the Sadler’s Sampled festival, three top choreographers show why Sadler’s Wells is one of the best places to see dance in the world.
Russell Maliphant's exquisite 'Afterlight' (Part One) is known in the dance world as a masterpiece. Inspired by the drawings of Vaslav Nijinsky, this stunning solo amazed audiences when it debuted in 2009, going on to win two National Dance Awards and receiving an Olivier Award nomination.
Sidi Larbi Cherkaoui is one of dance’s hottest stars, having worked with everyone from Shaolin monks to Keira Knightly. For 'Made at Sadler’s Wells', he presents a beautiful duet, 'Faun', based on Nijinsky's famous ballet, 'L'après-midi d'un Faune'.
The evening’s conclusion, 'UNDANCE' is a unique collaboration between composer Mark-Anthony Turnage, choreographer Wayne McGregor and Turner Prize-winner Mark Wallinger. Danced by ten incredible performers from one of the most famous dance companies in the world: Wayne McGregor | Random Dance.
'Rosas & Ictus: Drumming' - Tue 25 & Wed 26 June
Anne Teresa De Keersmaeker is one of the biggest pioneers of contemporary dance. 'Drumming' features 13 dancers from her Rosas company, the band Ictus and the music of Steve Reich played live, a minimalist composer, who has influenced artists for decades. This skilful piece is matched by infectious drumming – a live spectacle where no two performances are ever the same!
Need to know:
- Voucher valid for one standing ticket to 'Made at Sadler's Wells' or 'Rosas & Ictus: Drumming' on selected dates - 'Made at Sadler's Wells' on June 22-23 and 'Rosas & Ictus Drumming' on June 25-26 (please proceed to checkout for performance times).
- Multiples may be purchased.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival in exchange for a ticket.
- Cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.