£22.50 tickets to 'Richard III' starring Mark Rylance, rated 4*
Sorry you missed this offer...
- Mark Rylance, 'Britain's greatest stage actor' as described by our critics, stars in his first role since 'Jerusalem'.
- See the Time Out critic's choice production we rated four stars for a price exclusive to Time Out Offers – you won’t find it anywhere else.
- Terrifyingly dark and brilliantly acted, don't miss the West End transfer of the acclaimed play. Now £22.50 at Apollo Theatre, Shaftesbury Avenue.
From Time Out’s four star review: '... Britain's greatest stage actor does not disappoint as he takes on Shakespeare's murderous monarch Richard, in his first role since 'Jerusalem'.
Rylance's Richard is, as most actors' Richards are, physically disabled, walking with a limp, with one (prosthetic) arm shrivelled and useless in a sling. But do his disabilities end with the body? It is strongly suggested they do not.
Instead of the usual Machiavellian fiend, Rylance gives Richard a near-childish demeanour, staring wide-eyed at the audience as he haltingly, almost sweetly divulges his nefarious schemes to us. Every time one of his lackeys reports that yet another rival to the throne has been dispatched, his face lights up with a delight you might almost call innocent. And there is no guile in his eyes as he earnestly promises his brother Clarence that he will see him freed from imprisonment, just a heartbeat or two before he orders his murder.
...we're here to see one man and he is as brilliant as you'd hope. Certainly this is at the very least a reminder - were one needed - that there is infinitely more to Mark Rylance than 'Rooster' Byron.'
Need to know:
- Voucher valid for one ticket to 'Richard III' on selected dates between December 6 2012 - February 10 2013.
- Please select your preferred date on checkout.
- Customers purchasing multiple tickets will be sat together.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival.
- Cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer.