40% off 'Oedipussy' at Rose Theatre, Kingston
Sorry you missed this offer...
- Warning: contains incest, violence, mutilation, strobes, nudity and chorus-work. This is one mother of a comedy.
- This outrageous Spymonkey production, inspired by Barbarella and Bowie, was given four stars by The Times, Evening Standard, Metro London and WhatsOn Stage.
- We dare you to find a sillier retelling of Sophocles’s ‘Oedipus Rex’. What did our critics think? ‘Genuinely poignant (and funny)’.
More details:Be entertained with swords, sandals, sphinxes and sodomy for as little as £4.80. This slapstick interpretation of Sophocles blends physical comedy with accidental incest in signature Spymonkey playfulness. It’s rude, it’s crude, incredibly outrageous and critically acclaimed. What else do you need for a guaranteed good night? Togas? It's got that too.
What the critics are saying:
‘Remarkable. Powerful. Joyful’ – The Times
‘Joyously inventive retelling of the Oedipus legent’ – Evening Standard
‘Proves that inside every tragedy there’s a comedy trying to get out. Brilliant. Riotous laughter’ – The Guardian
‘Endlessly inventive, fantastically physical performances’ – The Stage
‘The clowning is, and always with this extraordinarily talented troupe, timed to perfection’ – Whatsonstage.com
Need to know:
- Voucher valid for one ticket to 'Oedipussy' at Rose Theatre, Kingston on dates from October 15 - 19.
- Band A, B, C, D and E tickets are available, all with a 40% discount.
- Please select your preferred date and price band on checkout.
- Please be aware £4.80 tickets are pit cushion seats.
- Please print your voucher and present it on arrival.
- Cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Please be aware tickets are not allocated by Time Out.