41% off Premium tickets to 'London Wall' at St James Theatre
Sorry you missed this offer...
- Hot off its Finborough run, ‘London Wall’ has shaken off 80 years of dust with four stars from our ‘Time Out’ critics.
- John van Druten's play of 1930s office politics and romance is described as ‘rivetingly entertaining’ by ‘The Guardian.’
- The play may be old but the struggle for women to be considered professional equals is totally topical. Wake up people!
More details:What Time Out says: 'Plucked from obscurity and lavished with care, John van Druten’s skilful office drama may not have been seen in London for 80 years, but it couldn’t have hoped for a better homecoming than this. It’s a smart indictment of the meagre circumference of a woman’s life as part of the urban workforce of the ’30s, wrapped around a heartfelt romantic drama.'
John van Druten wrote 'I Am A Camera' after 'London Wall', which became the inspiration for the Liza Minnelli fuelled success of 'Cabaret' and not far behind came the James Stewart comedy ‘Bell, Book and Candle’ apparently the spark for popular 1960s television series 'Bewitched'. Van Druten was a keen observer of the human condition, including the need for girl power.
Need to know:
- This voucher is for one ticket to 'London Wall' at St. James Theatre, valid for performances between May 7 - 11, 2013.
- Please select your preferred date on checkout.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, refunded, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Customers booking multiple vouchers will be sat together at the theatre.