36% off tickets to Harold Pinter's 'The Hothouse' at Trafalgar Studios
Sorry you missed this offer...
- Witness Jamie Lloyds's second production in the intimate Trafalgar Studios, 'The Hothouse' - the Harold Pinter tagicomedy that will make you laugh, cry and sometimes feel like you're locked in a mad house.
- Bask in the suffocating talent of Simon Russell Beale and John Simm as they make the minimal set come to life in the satirical farce that will stay with you long after you leave the theatre.
- Band A tickets now £39.50 (usually £59.50/£49.50) and Band D tickets now £25 (usually £39.50). You'd have to be stark raving mad not to take advantage of those prices.
If you've not been to Trafalgar Studios yet, you're missing out. The intimate venue recently played host to Jamie Lloyds's reimagination of 'Macbeth' starring James McAvoy and the superstar director was so good he's decided to stick around for a bit longer and bring another magnificent play. See two masters of the stage (Simon Russell Beale and John Simm) battle it out in Harold Pinter's tragicomedy, 'The Hothouse', before it's too late. This show is on a limited run and we have discounted tickets for selected performances until July 20. So what are you waiting for?
What Time Out said in its four-star review:
Given a berserk, full-throttle revival by Jamie Lloyd, the second entry in the Trafalgar Transformed season comes across like a pleasingly deranged, Orton-esque hybrid of old fashioned English farce and Pinter’s brutal ‘80s satires.
Lloyd’s production does not, it has to be said, feel ultra-politicised, and the first half feels more like a great series of comic turns... Russell Beale is a hoot, John Heffernan lights up the stage... and Harry Melling puts in a supremely game performance as pitiable fall guy Lamb... It’s left to Simm provide most of the menace, and once his dead-eyed Gibbs becomes more dominant the production find its sense of direction.
‘The Hothouse’ isn’t Pinter’s best or most elegant work, but Jamie Lloyd and his crack cast make a strong case for it being his most fun.
Need to know:
- Voucher valid for one ticket to selected performances of 'The Hothouse' from June 28 - July 20 2013.
- Please select your preferred date and price band on checkout.
- Please note that matinees start at 2.30pm and evening performances start at 7.30pm.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival.
- Customers purchasing multiple tickets will sat together. Tickets will be allocated in your selected seating area by the theatre box office and not by Time Out.
- Cannot be cancelled, refunded or exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.