£19.50 tickets to 'Fences' starring Lenny Henry – last chance tickets!
Sorry you missed this offer...
- See Lenny Henry transform ‘from a likeable TV comic of little substance to a stage actor of undeniable gravitas’ (Time Out) in the final dates of 'Fences'.
- Following his triumphant performance as Othello in the West End, Henry takes on one of the 20th century’s most poignant characters at the Duchess Theatre.
- See the production we called ‘a success’ before it closes on September 14 and save up to £23 on tickets. Top price tickets are now £29.50 (worth up to £52.50) and second price tickets are now £19.50 (worth up to £42.50).
From Time Out's review:‘…Troy is an embittered ex-baseball player who sourly turns his back on his family’s love, yet occasionally blindsides us with the poetic outpourings of his soul.
‘Henry rises to the challenge admirably... He is entrancing as the damaged-but-soulful Troy, who sings about his dead dog Blue, spins fantastic yarns around his encounters with death and the devil, and banters easily with best friend Jim.
‘…it’s one of the truly titanic stage roles, and Henry indubitably pulls it off, which pretty much suggests he can now handle anything the theatre throws at him. And a terrific ensemble supports him, with Tanya Moodie particularly wonderful as Troy’s wife Rose, a woman whose radiant decency shines a light into Troy’s deep flaws.
Need to know:
- Voucher valid for one ticket to 'Fences' at the Duchess Theatre on dates from August 15 - September 14, 2013.
- Discount based on largest possible saving.
- Top price tickets now £29.50 (original price £49.50 for Mon – Thurs shows and £52.50 for Fri – Sat shows).
- Second price tickets now £19.50 (original prices £39.50 for Mon – Thurs shows and £42.50 for Fri – Sat shows).
- Please select your preferred date and price band on checkout.
- Customers booking multiple vouchers will be sat together.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival in exchange for your ticket.
- Tickets are available for collection an hour before the show begins and are allocated by the theatre box office, not by Time Out.
- Cannot be cancelled, extended, exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.