47% off tickets to 'The Woman in Black' - ★★★★ (Time Out)
Sorry you missed this offer...
- Loved by critics for over 25 years, The Woman in Black's 'delicious spell of malevolence and menace' continues to thrill audiences at one of London's most intimate theatres.
- See a brand new cast perform one of the most gripping and spine-chilling ghost stories ever staged, for just £25 a ticket.
- Don't miss a terrifying treat - book today!
If you think live theatre can't be at least as scary as a film, it's high time you booked tickets to this show! Set in the wonderfully spooky Fortune Theatre, Susan Hill's 'The Woman in Black' is a tale that's been terrifying audiences for over two decades and, with a brand-spanking new cast, is set to continue on its heart-palpitating road to success.
Unlike other productions that rely on flashy sets, props and large casts, 'The Woman in Black' is a stripped-back play that needs nothing other than two cast members and clever staging to reduce the audience to jittery wrecks in just two hours.
From Time Out's four-star review:
'Ageing Arthur Kipps (Stuart Fox) is haunted by sinister events that befell him 30 years earlier. In an effort to exorcise his demons, he hires an actor (Gwynfor Jones) to help him tell his story for an invited audience.'
'As they rehearse, though, their staging itself becomes prey to supernatural visitations from the titular hatchet-faced, whip-thin, funereally garbed woman. And the chills are irresistibly effective: swirling fog, a creaking rocking chair, a locked door, a pale visage looming out of the gloom.'
''The Woman in Black' remains perennially popular – particularly, it seems, with generally hard-to-please teenagers – which is testament to its rough-theatre appeal and the extraordinary and enduring potency, not of guts, gore or special effects, but of simple suggestion.'
Need to know:
- Voucher valid for one Band A ticket to 'The Woman in Black' at the Fortune Theatre on Tue-Fri and Sat mat performances from May 15 - June 28 2014.
- Please select your preferred date at checkout.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival in exchange for your ticket.
- Customers purchasing multiple tickets in the same transaction under the same name will be seated together.
- Please be aware that tickets are allocated by the theatre box office and not by Time Out.
- Cannot be cancelled, exchanged, refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.