Up to 40% off tickets to English National Opera's 'Cosi fan tutte'
Sorry you missed this offer...
- See Mozart’s comic opera at the beautiful London Coliseum.
- Treat yourself to dress circle seats – usually £69 – for only £41.40.
- Translated as 'women are all, and always, so', 'Cosi fan tutte' is a tale of cruel deception where love, lust and desire play out to the peril of those involved.
Said to be based on a true incident, 'Cosi fan tutte' or 'The School For Lovers', as it's sometimes (oddly) known, returns to London in this shiny new production conducted by award-winning ENO Composer in Residence, Ryan Wigglesworth.
Forget eighteenth-century Naples, this adaptation of Mozart’s comic masterpiece takes place at a 1950s funfair on Coney Island, though the classic tale of deception remains. Ferrando and Guglielmo conspire to test the virtue of their fiancées, Fiordiligi and Dorabella, by means of a cruel deception. Wearing (evidently very convincing) disguises, each attempts to seduce the other's lover. Love, lust and desire ensue until the women finally fall prey to the men's advances, proving (apparently) that all women are unfaithful.
Following the recent triumphs of Philip Glass's 'The Perfect American' and 'Satyagraha', Phelim McDermott returns to bring his unique theatrical styling to Mozart's masterpiece. And with ENO Harewood Artist Kate Valentine and internationally renowned mezzo Christine Rice as the duped fiancées, you can be certain this will be a performance to remember.
Need to know:
- Voucher valid for one ticket to English National Opera's 'Cosi fan tutte' on selected dates from May 16 - June 4, 2014.
- Dress circle tickets now £41.40 (usually £69) and upper circle tickets now £20.40 (usually £34).
- Please select your preferred date and price point at checkout.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival in exchange for your ticket.
- Customers purchasing mutiple vouchers will be seated together.
- Please be aware tickets are not allocated by Time Out.
- 'Cosi fan tutte' is sung in English.
- Seats have no view of the surtitles but a full unrestricted view of the stage.
- Cannot be cancelled, exchanged or refunded, or used in conjunction with any other offer.