£10 tickets to Beethoven's 'Moonlight Sonata' by Candlelight with concert pianist Daniel Grimwood at St. James's Church
Sorry you missed this offer...
- Experience a wonderful evening of enchanting music in one of Christopher Wren’s many creations - St James's Church, Piccadilly.
- On Friday May 16, witness virtuoso concert pianist Daniel Grimwood perform Beethoven’s ‘Moonlight Sonata’ (and more) in what will be nothing less than ‘stimulating and revelatory in equal measure' (The Telegraph).
- You can also expect: Czerny, Liszt, Chopin, Faure, Schubert, Rossini, Jongen, Ravel, Clara Schumann and John Field. Wowsers.
- Your ticket includes a programme (worth £2) to keep the memory alive back home.
This incredible evening of music with pianist Daniel Grimwood may well be out of this world as his very touch appears nothing less than magical, described as ‘so light he almost let the piano play itself’ by The Independent.
Known as one of the most original musicians of his generation and a pianist of great versatility, his repertoire, which ranges from Elizabethan Virginal music to composers of the modern day, is internationally renowned. His career has taken him global performing in some of the world’s most prestigious venues including the Queen Elizabeth Hall in London, Bridgewater Hall in Manchester, the Rachmaninoff and Gnessin Halls in Moscow and the Carnegie Hall’s Weill Hall in New York. Beyond his own fame, Grimwood may well claim to have touched greatness when he gave a recital of Chopin’s 'Etudes' on the composer’s own Pleyel piano.
On Friday May 16 in St. James Church, Piccadilly you will be able to bask in this awe inspiring talent and a wonderfully rich programme of music including:
Beethoven: 'Moonlight Sonata'
Czerny: Nocturne ‘La Consolation’ Op 604 no 6
Liszt: 3 Notturnos (Liebesträume)
John Field: 2 Nocturnes
Chopin: 2 Nocturnes
Faure: Nocturne no 13 in B minor
Clara Schumann: Soirees Musicales; 2 Notturno, 4 Ballade
Schubert/Liszt: 'Soirees de Vienne no. 6'
Rossini/Liszt: 'Soirees Musicales de Rossini'; 'La Regatta Veneziana La Danza'
Joseph Jongen: 'au Clair de Lune'
Ravel: 'Gaspard de la Nuit'
Need to know:
- This voucher is valid for one ticket to Beethoven's 'Moonlight Sonata' by Candlelight featuring concert pianist Daniel Grimwood on Friday May 16 2014.
- Please print your voucher and present it on arrival.
- Customers purchasing multiple tickets in the same transaction and under the same name will be sat together. Please be aware seats are not allocated by Time Out.
- Tickets are allocated by the theatre box office and not Time Out.
- Original top price ticket for Beethoven's 'Moonlight Sonata' is £30 including programme (worth £2); original second price ticket £27; original third price ticket is £21, and original fourth price ticket £17.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, refunded or exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.