£25 for a roast chicken, bottle of wine and three sides to share at Clockjack Oven
Sorry you missed this offer...
- Time Out predicted casual chicken restaurants would be big this year. But were we right? In short – yes.
- Clockjack Oven have revived an ‘oldie but a goodie’ – roasting plump, free-range chicken and serving ‘spot-on’ chips, according to our critics.
- Portions are generous – there’s plenty here for three. Double-cooked chips, house coleslaw and fresh side salads complement marinated wings, legs and breasts.
London’s love affair with chicken has hatched a new breed of quality poultry restaurants, and Clockjack Oven makes the cut. Two types of plump roast chicken are served in manageable pieces (ten for a whole bird). The original roast is tender and well seasoned, while the day's special offers unusual pairings (a recent option was umami). Your meat comes with a choice of four sauces: 'ranch (creamy and garlicky); barbecue (tangy and sweet); chilli (South American hot sauce style); and Caesar (rich, with a hint of anchovy)' – our critics.
Sides include double cooked chips (crisp and perfectly sized), house salad with lettuce, apple and sage and onion balls, a well-seasoned house coleslaw, a colourful tomato and red onion and classic Caesar salad. Top of the pecking order are the crispy chicken bites – not included with this offer but highly recommended. The recipe is Michelin-chef designed, and they’re heavenly.
Need to know:
- Voucher valid for a whole roast chicken, bottle of house wine (red or white) and three side dishes (chips, coleslaw or house salad) at Clockjack Oven, Soho.
- Suitable to share between 2 - 3 people.
- Available for redemption Mon - Wed noon - 11pm.
- Bookings essential. To book, phone 020 7287 5111 and quote your voucher code.
- Cannot be cancelled, exchanged or refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.
- Expires August 21, 2013.
- Excludes service charge.