Tickets to the first Friday Late opening of Beyond El Dorado at the British Museum with free Prosecco
Sorry you missed this offer...
- Go on an adventure and discover the 'Lost City of Gold' without stepping foot outside of London at the brand new exhibition 'Beyond El Dorado' at the British Museum.
- See the impressive collection featuring over 300 masterworks – over 200 borrowed from the Gold Museum in Bogotá, Colombia and 100 pieces from the British Museum's own collection - at the first Friday Late opening, available only to Time Out customers.
- Not only will you be dazzled by the golden display, you'll also enjoy a private talk from the curator, a free glass of Prosecco and a tote bag to take home.
- If you're feeling peckish, the new pop-up restaurant, No. 63 @ The Gallery Café will be serving South American street food exclusively for Time Out customers. And if you fancy a bit of shopping, you'll also get 20% off in the British Museum gift shop.
You know that old saying 'all that glitters is not gold' well, that certainly won't come to mind when you’re dazzled by the latest exhibition at the British Museum. This major new exhibition features over 300 objects made from gold and other precious materials, many of which are being displayed in the UK for the first time. Exploring the rich and diverse cultures of ancient Colombia, the exhibition reveals the truth behind the legend of El Dorado and will leave you awed by the beautiful and complex craftsmanship. Discover the treasures of a hidden ancient world and chat to the Curator while sipping a glass of Prosecco at this exclusive Friday Late viewing only available to Time Out Customers.
Anthropomorphic pectoral, Colombia, Tairona, AD 900–1600. © Museo del Oro – Banco de la República, Colombia.
Mask with nose ornament, Colombia, Quimbaya, 500BC – AD 1600. © The Trustees of the British Museum.
Bird-shaped staff finial, Colombia, Early Zenú, 200 BC – AD 1000. © Museo del Oro – Banco de la República, Colombia.
Archaeological park of Teyuna, the Lost City, Colombia. Photo: Colombian Institute of Anthropology and History.
Lake Guatavita, Colombia. Photo: Mauricio Mejia.
Need to know:
- This voucher is valid for one ticket to the first Friday Late opening of 'Beyond El Dorado: power and gold in ancient Colombia' with a complimentary glass of Prosecco and a cotton tote bag at the British Museum on October 18 2013.
- Event starts at 5pm with last entry to the exhibition at 7.10pm. The Museum closes at 8.30pm.
- Please note that food from No. 63 @ The Gallery Cafe is not included and you will be charged separately for any charges incurred.
- Customers must be 18 years old or older to receive their complimentary glass of Prosecco.
- Please present your printed voucher upon arrival.
- Customers with a Time Out ticket will receive 20% off at the Museum gift shop on the evening of October 18 only.
- This voucher cannot be cancelled, refunded or exchanged or used in conjunction with any other offer.
- The exhibition is sponsored by Julius Baer, with additional support provided by American Airlines.