£12.50 tickets to OperaUpClose's production of Verdi's 'Ballo (or a Masked Ball)' at The King's Head
Sorry you missed this offer...
- This stripped down Opera is set in a very familiar Swedish home ware store.
- Six singers (named ‘sensational’ by ‘Fringe Opera’), a piano, a flat-pack table and a few strips of masking tape are all that’s used in this production.
- Don’t miss the off-the-wall yet faithful rendition of the tale of forbidden love, betrayal and revenge. Tickets £12.50 for performances from May 9 - 25.
Olivier award winning OperaUpClose return with a new tragicomic English version of Verdi's masterpiece. The evening begins with a cut-and-paste graphic synopsis of the plot – an 18th Century Swedish opera based on the real-life assassination of King Gustav III. Considered too political in its time, the opera was rewritten so it was set in Italy. Now, it’s been transferred to a familiar furniture store up by North Circular Road. The cast wear various combinations of blue and yellow company colours and include a helium-fuelled countertenor Alan Richardson, mezzo Emelie Joenniemi as the part-time astrologer Ulrica and Dickon Gough as cleaner Tom.
Masks are provided for the audiences during the final ball scene, featuring an electronic keyboard sound score. 'Like all good send-ups, this one works because it’s done with real love for the original,' said 'The Independent' in its four star review. This production was also rated five stars by ‘Fringe Opera’, ‘Entertainment Focus’ and ‘What’s Hecuba to Him’.
Need to know:
- Voucher valid for one ticket to 'Ballo (or a Masked Ball)' at The King's Head theatre on performances from May 9 - 25.
- Please select your preferred date on checkout.
- Please print your voucher and present it to the box office on arrival.
- Customers purchasing multiple tickets will be sat together. Tickets will be allocated in your selected seating area by the theatre box office and not by Time Out.
- Cannot be cancelled, exchanged or refunded or used in conjunction with any other offer.